11 ways to celebrate the Winter Solstice below, but first I want to share a Winter Solstice story with you. It was a few years ago while we were living on our acreage, there was a Full Moon as well as the Winter Solstice, so with the combination, I was not sleeping. Instead I was sitting up and reading when, all of a sudden, I heard a loud bang on the side of our house. It was so disturbing that I got up and looked around to see what had made the bang. I couldn't see anything so went back to my book. The next morning our oldest son Forrester looked out our patio door and exclaimed "What the *&%^!" I went over to see. There, laying on the deck, which had a light covering of snow, was a HAWK.I'm all about celebrating and the Winter Solstice needs it's own special rituals. Check out
In the thin layer of snow, the hawk had spread her wings one last time, creating a snow angel and died. 😢 So sad. In the days that followed I learned that she sacrificed her life to bring powerful energy!
We weren't able to bury her because of the frozen, snow covered ground, but I later spoke to a shaman who told me not to bury birds.
I sought out answers and insight around this incident and animal magic. Years later, remembering this phenomenon and what I've learned, has been around: looking at the big picture, opening up to soaring and receiving messages offers massive clarity and incredibly awareness.
Please Amanda, Use this magical time to celebrate your accomplishments and set your intentions for the next season of INFINITE POSSIBILITIES! Happy Solstice, Merry Christmas and enJOY your time with family!
Lots and lots of Magic and Love,Candace and family xoxo
1. Meditation is the perfect way to feel into the effects of the Winter Solstice, the darkness and hope for the upcoming light. Repeat the mantra SO HUM to tag you deeper into your meditation.
2. Intentions: Set some big and glorious Intentions for yourself. What do you want to shine more light onto into the upcoming months? If you don't know what you want...Start with what you don't want! Allow yourself to dream big without trying to fit your dream into your present reality.
3. Smudge: Since the Solstice is about hope, change and bringing back the light, it’s time to release any negative energy by smudging yourself, home or sacred space. Use sage, palo santo, cedar or sweetgrass. Get into every corner, nook and cranny of your area and say a blessing.
4. Cleanse your alter and sacred spaces: Change up and cleanse your alter items and re-arrange them to move forward with stronger, more effective intentions. As always, moving into a new season is the perfect time to reflect on the past year and set clear intentions for what YOU want in 2022.
5. Yoga, Movement & Dancing around in the dark of the longest night of the year is a great way to celebrate. Movement is a wonderful opportunity for you to connect your mind, body, and soul as one.
6. Oracle Cards: Doing divination by pulling Yogini's Guide to Intuition oracle cards on the winter solstice is particularly powerful. Pull Three cards to represent body, mind, spirit or message me if you want the meanings for a 12-card spread for yourself. [email protected]
7. Gratitude: Write out at least 5 things your grateful for on the Winter Solstice and every day! The universe responds to the high vibration of gratitude.
8. Journalling is a great way to get out of your head and clear out what isn’t serving you right now. Do a journal dump and just let your pen fly. Then bring in new perspectives of what's been weighing you down to create harmony within your heart. Fill the pages with your gratitude, intentions and desires!
9. Self-care: Take special care during the Winter Solstice to look after yourself. Rest throughout the day, add an extra meditation, eat dark chocolate and drink green tea! Take time to read, go for walks and play with your puppy. Chat with a friend and find pleasure into each moment.
10. Affirmations: Shift any suffering that you're experiencing by bringing yourself back into a powerful state with affirmations. Here are a few of my favorites: “I now release what no longer positively serves me and open up to receive my highest good.” "Show me the Magic!" "I love and accept myself." ***Look in the mirror and repeat your affirmations, write them out and read them out loud!!!
11. Light Candles: Turn off the light, turn on your tree and with intention light some candles. Again with each candle you light say a blessing, what you desire and trust that it's on it's way. And so it is....~Candace McKim
P.S. If you're, oh so ready, to connect to your MAGIC and invest in the support you need. Book a clarity call with me now! Click here to find a time to chat with Candace